So you want to learn about golden hour, huh? It’s a pretty popular time of day for photographers to shoot. Especially as a Mesa, AZ family photographer, where we get plenty of beautiful golden light all year round! I’ll tell you what it is and why I prefer this time of day (for outdoor shoots) to others.
You may or may not have noticed that all of my open availability for family sessions is in the evening before sunset. I do have some limited daytime sessions available, but I much prefer to shoot in the hours leading up to sunset. This is called the ‘Golden Hour.’ During this time, the lighting is absolutely perfect.
- You get yummy light flares and beautiful soft light.
- There are no soft shadows or squinty eyes from the blinding sun at high noon.
- In the summer, the weather isn’t too hot, so you’re able to relax a little better knowing there isn’t sweat running down your face or making stains on your shirt.
- During Golden Hour, everything is warm and pretty and gives off a magical feeling.
- We can also get some sweet silhouette shots as the sun is going down on the horizon.
If you are in need of a Mesa, AZ family photographer and you like what you see on this blog and in my galleries, be sure to contact me. Let’s schedule a beautiful golden hour photo session for YOUR family!