Spring is here (in Arizona anyway) and I want to give you some tips to ensure your day is stress free and flawless for your spring session. Listen up!
1. Wear layers. Spring is our last chance until November (where I live) to wear clothing that doesn’t have to make allowances for becoming over-heated. I suggest taking advantage of the gorgeous weather by wearing layers — tank top, tee shirt, cardigan, scarf, etc. That way each family member can peel off, or add, a layer as they see fit and remain comfortable throughout the session.
2. Location is a big deal. You better believe we’re going to take advantage of the fresh, warm air and all those buds popping up from the ground and in the trees. If you have any favorite locations, let me know. As a Mesa, AZ family photographer I have a nice list on hand, myself.
3. Play into the colors of the season when choosing your family’s outfits. Fresh pops of green, blue, pink and yellow are always a hit in the springtime. I recommend choosing a color theme for the whole gang, then slightly deviating from that with accessories to keep things interesting.
4. Speaking of accessories: wear them! Choose jewelry, scarves, or prints that play into the spring theme. Butterflies, flowers, insects, etc. can make for some super adorable family pictures.
5. Time it right. Book a session too early and you may miss out on those spring buds. Book too late and you’ve already wandered into summer territory. Keep an eye on the weather and give your photographer a call when the time is right.
6. Incorporate props. Spring offers some beautiful backdrops where props blend in perfectly. For example, old wooden chairs look stunning in a sea of blooming rose bushes, and a quilted blanket is lovely on the fresh, green grass.
7. Really think about your footwear. It doesn’t show in every photograph, but don’t forget to coordinate your shoes. Pay attention to what the kids are wearing and try to skip the fluorescent green tennis shoes and choose something more classic that will look great with the clothing you so carefully put together.
Now that you have some great tips for your spring session, I would love to be YOUR family’s photographer! Contact me here so we can chat and get you scheduled before the hot weather hits. I look forward to working with you!
leave a comment